This citrus infused vinegar is one of my new favorite cleaning products! It makes the house smell lemony fresh!
Vinegar is one of the very best all purpose cleaners that you can use around the house to clean naturally. The only downfall is, well…….the smell. Let’s face it, vinegar doesn’t exactly have the best fragrance! The good news is that eventually the vinegar dries and the scent goes away. But what if you don’t have to deal with the strong scent of vinegar at all?
The best way to do this is to infuse the vinegar with other more fragrant fruits. Infusing the rinds of citrus fruits can tone down the smell of vinegar significantly. But infusing citrus has other benefits as well. Lemons, limes and oranges contain antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties and can make the cleaning power of vinegar even stronger!
And vinegar with lemon has to power to kill bacteria, viruses, mold and mildew. This combination makes the perfect cleaner for the bathroom!
- 1 quart white vinegar
- 10-15 lemon, lime or orange rinds, quartered
- In a 1/2 gallon mason jar, add the vinegar and the lemon rinds.
- Cover with lid.
- Allow the lemon to infuse for 2-3 weeks.
- When done, strain the lemon rinds.
- Pour the lemon infused vinegar into a spray bottle to use as a cleaner.