These gluten free chocolate chip cookies are perfect for those who are craving cookies, but have to avoid gluten!
So I got a hankering to bake last night. Well, actually my heat went out and since it was pretty chilly, I figured that it was a great time to let my oven heat things up a bit. So I decided that I really wanted make a chocolate chip cookie that was gluten free. So I dug out one of my old family recipes for regular chocolate chip cookies and went to town.
These cookies are really tasty! The best part is that they don’t taste like they are gluten free, which is a big bonus. This is the brand of chocolate chips that I use because they are soy free (unlike so many other brands). Luckily, they are really good and I love them!
Just because you eat a gluten free diet doesn't mean that you can enjoy homemade chocolate chip cookies! This recipe will definitely fill your cookie cravings.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free multi-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and the Sucanat
- Mix in the egg and vanilla
- Add baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips
- Drop by spoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool fully.