I love peanut butter cups and other chocolate candy, but am not so thrilled with so many of the ingredients that they add to store bought candies. And so, last night when I was in the mood to eat a little chocolate, I decided to make my own candy. Since I’m avoiding legumes this month on my 30 Day Grain Free Challenge, I decided to skip the peanut butter and opted for almond butter instead. And voila, these super tasty almond butter cups were born!
These cups were super easy to make and make about 10 fairly large cups. And there are only four ingredients! Four!
These are the chocolate chips that I use and it’s the only brand that I keep in the house. They are soy, dairy, wheat and grain free.
These are the 2 inch silicone cups that I use. They are easy to work with and really easy to clean too!
The homemade almond butter cups are both gluten and grain free!
These sweet almond butter cups are easy to make, and you know exactly what is in them too!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar, ground into powdered sugar
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Once melted, add the coconut oil
- In a small bowl, add the almond butter and ground coconut sugar.
- Drizzle some of the melted chocolate into 10 silicone candy cup molds
- Take small spoonfuls of the almond butter mixture and roll into a ball.
- Flatten slightly and place on top of the melted chocolate in the molds.
- Top with more melted chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to harden.