I have a weakness for ice cream. I just absolutely love it. So I have been searching for a different way to enjoy my favorite frozen treat. So I was talking to a friend about my ice cream craving and she told me about using frozen bananas……what? Well you certainly can’t get more simple than one ingredient ice cream, can you?
I would’ve never believed that frozen bananas put in the food processor and processed for awhile end up the consistency of soft serve ice cream! So today at the store, I picked up some extra organic bananas and decided to try it. And it was a nice treat for when I was looking for something sweet! Very creamy, and a great way to get some extra fruit in your diet and high in potassium too!
Top this with other fruit, nuts, chocolate chips or homemade whipped cream…yummy! This recipe is both gluten and grain free.
- 2 bananas
- Peel the bananas
- Cut them into chunks and freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
- Place frozen chunks into food processor.
- Process on high until the frozen bananas form a ball.
- Mash the ball down and process on high again until you see a creamy soft serve consistency.
- Dish up into bowls and enjoy!
You can garnish this with a sprinkle of sliced almonds, some chunks of fresh pineapple or strawberry, or some shaved dark chocolate! Add bananas to make a larger batch!