I am always telling people that eating clean doesn’t mean that you have to spend hours and hours in the kitchen. And using the crock pot is the perfect way to ensure that you can have a healthy, clean meal without lots of labor. My mother asked about a recipe for whole chicken done in the crock pot and I created this super simple slow cooker whole chicken recipe.
This recipe was very quick to put together, smelled absolutely fantastic and was so moist and tender that when I put the thermometer in to make sure that it was hot enough, the entire chicken fell apart! It was very yummy too!!
If you like a little heat with your meal, then you can always add some cayenne pepper to the seasoning mix. I love serving this recipe with a nice Greek Salad and some roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
This recipe is both gluten and grain free.
- 1 3-4 pound chicken (with any giblets removed)
- 1 large onion, chopped into large chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Spray the crock pot with organic olive oil.
- Chop the onion into big chunks and spread it a layer in the bottom of the crock.
- Mix all of the spices in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken.
- Place prepared chicken on top of the onion layer.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.