You may have noticed that I haven’t been around as much over the past few months. A lot has changed in my life in that time. My husband I separated permanently and I moved back into my home. My divorce was finalized at the end of January and I took back my maiden name….and thus the name of this blog instead of my old blog Simple Clean Living. I also got a full time job as a blogger and social media manager for a great company out of California. Working full time has prevented me from being as active here as I would like, but now that I’ve learned the ropes at my new job, I am hoping to post more regularly!
I realized that sometimes as difficult as change can be, it can also be good. I have grown so much over the past few months and have really learned a lot about who I am and what I want my life to be. And for me it’s all about living life to the fullest….living a rich, yummy, luscious life! That includes amazing real food, and holistic ways of living that make me feel good about who I am!
This year for Valentine’s Day, I made this stuffed chicken breast based on one that I have bought before at a local meat market. I first made it a few months ago for the first time. No recipe, just inspiration….and it turned out so much better than I expected. In fact, I loved it so much that I will definitely be making it often….it’s just way to good not to!
This recipe is fairly simple to make, but it will give any restaurant chicken a run for it’s money. It is a little more time consuming to prepare than some of my other recipes, but SO worth it!
I’ve made it both gluten and grain free.
Pair this with some homemade garlic mashed potatoes or rosemary roasted potatoes and some green beans for an amazing dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup spinach, de-stemmed
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saute pan, add ½ tbsp butter, spinach and garlic.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in between two sheets of plastic wrap or in a Ziploc bag.
- Pound out each chicken breast until it's about ½ to ¾ inch thick.
- In a small dish, mix almond meal, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Melt remaining butter in a small dish.
- Add sauteed spinach and ½ of the feta cheese to the center of each pounded out chicken breast.
- Roll them up.
- Dip each rolled chicken breast into the almond meal mixture so that it's fully coated.
- Using a basting brush, coat each covered chicken breast with melted butter.
- Place each breast on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is 165 degrees F.