Do you have some good, easy but tasty appetizer ideas to keep on hand for entertaining? This beef and cheese taco dip is a real crowd pleaser!
Fall is just about here! The kids have gone back to school and football season is starting. So it’s time to start thinking about some great football watching, tailgating kinds of snacks that are tasty, filling….and simple! I actually created this recipe because I wanted something that contained plenty of protein along with the carbs.
This recipe is so yummy that I actually have been known to make it and eat it as a meal. No joke, people….it really is that tasty! Since it is full of grass fed ground beef, I know that I’m getting plenty of protein. The dip itself is grain free, although keeping it grain free will all depend on what you use to dip in it! It’s all about choices!
I always do gluten free dippers, such as tortilla chips and cut veggies like carrots, celery and cucumber. This recipe does make a generous batch, but it is guaranteed to go FAST, so if you have a crowd coming, you can double it! It stays warm well in a slow cooker.
You can use any salsa that you want for this recipe…so if you like it spicy or mild, you can choose what works best for you!
And here are a few other different meal idea….pour this dip over a baked potato for a delicious lunch or dinner! Put this dip into taco shells, top with tomatoes, lettuce and onions and voila…instant tacos! There are tons of different ways that you can use this recipe…just get creative.
And remember, the recipe itself is both gluten and grain free….it just depends on what you dip in it if it stays that way!
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Brown the ground beef and drain any liquid
- In a medium saucepan add the butter.
- Allow to melt over medium heat.
- Add the whole milk/heavy cream and arrowroot powder.
- Stir and allow to cook until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the cheese and allow to melt, stirring frequently.
- Once cheese is melted, add the ground beef and salsa and mix well.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate any leftovers (although there probably won't be any!)