Last night I wanted to fix something from south of the border. But at the same time, I wanted to try something different. So the filling for these black bean and ground beef tacos was perfect…and different than just a ground beef taco filling. Adding the beans also added some great fiber as well as stretching the meal a bit!
The result was absolutely fabulous! This is now going into my regular meal rotation. It’s also a quick, easy and filling meal to make!
I typically use gluten free tortillas with this recipe, but you can easily make it grain free by using large lettuce leafs as your “tortilla”. That works well and tastes just as yummy!
Black Bean and Ground Beef Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey or chicken grass fed
- 1 can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chopped green chilies optional
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Chopped tomatoes onions, green pepper or any veggie you like!
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Gluten free tortillas or large lettuce leaf grain free
In a skillet brown the ground beef fully.
Drain ground beef, if needed.
Sprinkle ground cumin, garlic powder and sea salt on the beef.
Add the drained black beans
Add green chilies
Allow mixture to heat through fully.
Spoon mixture onto thawed and slightly warmed tortillas.
Top with onion, tomato, green pepper or other veggies.
Sprinkle on a little shredded cheddar cheese.