After having spent decades eating far too many frozen dinners and fast food, I discovered how amazing it is to cook using real, whole ingredients. Cooking from scratch is so much more flavorful than what I was eating before. And so I learned how to really savor what I was eating.
At the same time, I enjoy maximizing my time and so I want to be able to eat amazing home cooked meals without spending hours in the kitchen…even though my kitchen is pretty cute!
So I love simple recipes like this cheddar bacon ranch chicken recipe. This is one of my quick prep, go to meals for the fall, winter and spring months. With a 5 minute prep time, you can’t really go wrong!
With this recipe, I do use all organic ingredients. sometimes I will make a fresh batch of homemade ranch dressing, but if I don’t have time, I find a nice organic store bought variety to use instead. I do use organic cheese, uncured bacon and free range chicken as well. That just meshes with my spirit and makes me feel better to do that!
One of these days I will try this in the slow cooker to see how it turns out. Because I live in South Carolina, I certainly don’t like to run my oven during the warmer months, but it is so simple and yummy that it would be nice to have options year round.
I really like to pair this with a nice salad and baked or mashed potatoes (or mashed cauliflower), but you could also pair this with any other side dish that you enjoy. It would also pair well with some steamed veggies! Yum!
If you use a ranch dressing that is gluten free and grain free, then this recipe is both as well.
- 1 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 pieces of bacon, uncooked
- Ranch dressing
- 1 slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breast into baking dish.
- Pour ranch dressing over the breast until covered
- Cut slice of bacon in half and lay slices on top of each ranch covered chicken breast.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of the chicken breast.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes until at least 165 degrees F.