Some times a girl just has to have some chocolate. Of course, when that urge strikes me, I want to try to make a chocolate treat that is not filled with unsavory ingredients. This chocolate avocado pudding really fits the bill. Chocolate is rich in minerals like magnesium (and when we are deficient, many people crave chocolate to get more). The avocado provides some wonderful, healthy fat. And it is sweetened with maple syrup instead of processed white sugar which is a bonus!
It only takes 5 minutes to whip up a batch and this recipe is both gluten and grain free! It serves one, but is the perfect treat for busy moms when they want a little chocolate goodness!
And of course, we have to talk about how it tastes…..which is absolutely divine!
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or any other milk)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Cut the avocado in half, remove pit and scoop out the meat.
- Put it into a food processor or high powered blender.
- Add other ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl and enjoy!