When it comes to making recipes, the easier it is, the better it is for me! And these easy no bake ball cookies are not only easy, but really tasty as well! When you make a batch of these, they will not last long! I really made these because I was wanting a little something sweet, but had nothing in the house. I try not to keep candy, ice cream or store bought baked goods in the house because they just don’t make me feel great. I just find that homemade goodies are easier on my digestion. So I whipped up these ball cookies and they are really, really good!
If you don’t want to use peanut butter, you can also substitute any other nut or seed butter and it should work well. I have used almond butter in these as well and it worked perfectly!
They are naturally gluten free and are frighteningly yummy!
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup raisins or other unsweetened dried fruit (optional)
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Roll the mix into balls.
- Store the balls, covered in the refrigerator.
- Makes 20-25 balls depending on the size rolled.