There’s nothing quite like a juicy burger….especially if you use pastured raised beef. Homemade burgers are one of my summertime go to meals because they are really simple to make. I like that I can make them on the stove top or grill them. I’ve been wanting to experiment with some different flavors in my burgers. I wanted to try some feta cheese in a burger because it’s a favorite of mine and decided to create this Greek burger.
It really had amazing flavor! I didn’t have to use any salt at all because the feta and the olives add plenty of saltiness. But it’s not too overwhelming. If you opt to not use the chopped olives, then you may want to add just a bit of salt.
For the top of the burger, I allow the tomato and onion to soak for a while in a little bit of Greek salad dressing. It adds such amazing flavor and really enhances the burger.
I always eat bunless burgers these days. It actually allows me to put even more tomatoes and onion on top of the burger. Yum!
Without the bun, this burger is both gluten and grain free.
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped black or Kalmata olives
- 1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp Greek salad dressing
- Place the chopped tomato and onion in a bowl
- Top with the Greek salad dressing and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl add ground beef, feta cheese, chopped olives, Worchestershire sauce and oregano.
- Mix well.
- Form into two patties.
- Cook on stovetop or grill until meat is at least 160 degrees F.
- When finished, place burger on plate or on a bun and top with the tomato and onion mixture.
- If you have ground beef that doesn't want to bind well, you can add an egg yolk to help it bind better. These burgers tend to be a little crumbly and may not work well on the grill.