My favorite salad in the world is a Greek salad. During the summer months when fresh tomatoes, greens and peppers are available, it is absolutely incredible. You simply can’t beat garden fresh veggies! Use as many or as few vegetables as possible. You can also follow this idea with the cheese, seasonings and vinaigrette. It’s all about adding to your taste preference! You can whip up and easy batch of our Balsamic Vinaigrette to top this salad with!
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make as much or as little as you need. It is a perfect salad for entertaining and wonderfully complements Italian cuisine or grilled steak or chicken. Don’t have Kalmata olives? Black olives can be substituted and are a tasty alternative.
- Organic spring mix (or your own home grown greens)
- tomatoes, diced or sliced
- cucumber, diced
- red bell pepper, diced
- sweet onion, chopped
- Kalmata olives (organic preferred)
- unrefined sea salt
- black pepper
- Feta cheese
- homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- Add greens and veggies to a salad bowl.
- Top with feta cheese, seasonings and balsamic vinaigrette.