I am always on the hunt for interesting side dishes…especially for dishes like my salsa chicken, which can be a little more difficult to pair. So I created this little Mexican Corn and Bean Casserole that is easy to prepare and can cook right along side the salsa chicken. It makes for a really tasty dinner.
I have also tried this as a topper for tacos and it was super yummy! It added something completely different that I loved. I would bet that it is probably a good dip for tortilla chips as well!
It is naturally gluten free for those that can’t eat gluten.
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/4 tsp taco seasoning
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 4 cup baking dish, add butter, cream cheese and milk.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute intervals until the butter and cream cheese have melted.
- Add all other ingredients, except cheddar cheese to the butter mixture and stir.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.