I love this meatloaf for two recipe because it reminds me so much of my own mother who fixed it regularly. It is classic comfort food for me! So when I found myself single again, I wanted to make sure that I could still enjoy favorite foods like this one. It works perfectly with mini loaf pans and allows me to have leftovers too! This freezes well, so if you don’t want to eat this for lunch or dinner the next day, like I do, you can freeze it!
It is naturally gluten free! I love to pair this with some fresh, homemade mashed potatoes or cauliflower and veggies! Yum!
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup ground oatmeal or breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar, sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the ground oatmeal or breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and allow the oats to soak for a couple of minutes.
- Add the ground beef, egg, onion, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Add to a 5x3 loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, ketchup and ground mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly over top of meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.