These no bake chocolate oatmeal coconut bars are sinfully delicious, and rightfully so!
This recipe is for those of you with a sweet tooth. This is from a recipe that I’ve had since way back in my non-real food days that I’ve tweaked to make it better for the real food crowd. That being said, it should still be an occasional treat rather than a regular part of your diet. It’s been so long since I started making this dessert bar recipe that I honestly don’t remember where I found it. Most likely it was found in a magazine or on the back of a package somewhere. But it is really delicious…although it is very rich, so a little goes a long way! I love to pair this with a nice glass of raw milk…yum!
This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sucanat, turbinado sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla, organic preferred
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut, organic preferred
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or nut butter of your choice
- Grease a 9x9 pan with butter or coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the coconut sugar/Sucanat and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in oats and coconut and stir until well combined.
- Press 1/2 of the oat mixture in bottom of the greased pan and press down.
- In another medium saucepan, mix the chocolate chips and peanut or nut butter.
- Heat over low heat until chocolate chips have melted, stirring occasionally until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the pressed oat mixture and smooth out with a spoon.
- Crumble the other half of the oat mixture over top of the chocolate.
- Chill for at least 2-3 hours (preferably overnight).
- Bring the bars to room temperature before cutting.