I absolutely LOVE to bake (and eat) cookies. Of course, since I went gluten free I haven’t been doing as much baking…and I really miss it! So I decided to make a batch of gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to fill that craving, without leaving my tummy in bad shape!
I went to my recipe box and pulled out a conventional recipe that I’ve had for around 20 years, but I had to do a big real food, gluten free makeover or I would get pretty sick! These turned out really well and they were even better the next day!
I use this brand of chocolate chips because they are soy free and they taste good!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup Sucanat or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups gf oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream together butter and Sucanat until creamy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together gluten free flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes for a chewy cookie. Bake 12-13 minutes for a crisp cookie