This sausage hashbrown casserole is absolutely delicious. No really, it is divine! This is great for a Sunday brunch, or even for a weekday dinner. This is also perfect for holiday brunches or potluck dinners too….just double or even triple the recipe. To save some time, you can precook and freeze the potatoes. Then just grab them out of your freezer and thaw the night before. You can also put this casserole together the night before without cooking it, store it in the fridge overnight and pop it in the oven in the morning!
This casserole is both gluten and grain free.
- 4 cups hash browns
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned (pasture raised preferred)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 black pepper
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 8x8 baking dish with organic olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, eggs, milk, sausage, onion, bell pepper, garlic, sea salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer mix into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, uncovered for 40-45 minutes, until eggs are firm.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.