This slow cooker mushroom chicken is so simple to make and so tasty too! Of course, the slow cooker is my favorite small appliance to use, and recipes like this are the result. I enjoy it on those days when I don’t have a lot of time to put together a meal, but still want a home cooked meal with little prep.
This is truly one of the fastest prep, throw and go recipes that I make. It makes prep a breeze and makes for an easy dinner! This meal can be made gluten or grain free…depending on the soup you use. If the cream of mushroom soup is gluten or grain free, then your meal will be too!
Often, I will use homemade cream of mushroom soup, but occasionally I enjoy this organic soup, which is grain free!
To make the meal complete, cook up some brown rice or zucchini noodles and steam some veggies.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1½ cups homemade or 1 container organic cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small can organic sliced mushrooms or ½ cup fresh
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Spray the crock of the slow cooker with organic olive oil spray.
- Put the chicken, soup, mushrooms, minced onion, sea salt and black pepper into crock
- Cook on low for 8 hours (if chicken is frozen) or 6 hours (if chicken is thawed)