I have been wanting to make a slow cooker pot roast in the for a very long time. But I just hadn’t gotten around to it. My main food motto is “No fuss, no muss” and I love things that are quick and simple, yet clean and healthy. When I saw some roast on sale I knew that this was the time to try it out!
This little pot roast recipe is straight forward and very easy. It only took me about 15 minutes of prep time and I let it cook all day. My house smelled divine! This recipe calls for homemade onion soup mix but you can use this recipe to keep it free from unwanted chemical additives.
I use a great 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe. I have had it for more than 5 years and use it regularly and it’s worked fantastically for me.
This recipe is naturally gluten free and grain free too! Because of the potatoes, it isn’t Paleo friendly, but you can substitute cauliflower or even radishes for the potatoes and it will be Paleo….and super yummy too!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 2 lb beef roast eye of round, top round, bottom round, top sirloin or sirloin tip are the leanest cuts
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth homemade
- 4 potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups of baby carrots or carrots cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 large onion quartered and pulled into pieces
- 2 tbsp homemade onion soup mix
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
Spray crock pot with olive oil and place roast inside.
Surround with cut onion, carrots and potatoes.
In a medium sized bowl, mix the beef broth, onion soup mix and garlic.
Pour broth mixture over the beef and vegetables.
Sprinkle sea salt and pepper over beef.
Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours.