I have really been wanting to find more ways to use pork. One of the best that I’ve discovered is cooking pork in a slow cooker. Other ways of cooking it can dry it out and make it tough. But this savory pork tenderloin is really tender and moist.
Using the crock pot is a quick and simple way to create healthy meals and skip the fast food takeout line. A slow cooker makes cooking so simple because there is typically minimal preparation. All you have to do is let the meal cook all day and voila, a simple and delicious meal. It is quick prep that won’t leave you slaving away in the kitchen all day.
If you are going to use store bought cream of mushroom soup in this recipe, then opt for a variety that is organic and either gluten or grain free. The Portobello mushroom soup from Imagine is grain free and does not contain GMO ingredients or pesticides. Pacific Foods Organic cream of mushroom soup is gluten free. If you can, homemade is best, but these are two options that are better than most store bought versions of this soup!
Definitely a winner in my house. I hope it is a winner in your home as well!
- 2- 2 1/2 lb pork tenderloin with all visible fat trimmed. thawed
- 1 1/2 cups of cream of mushroom soup or 1 can organic cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbsp brown or Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 4-5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tsp coconut aminos or fermented soy sauce
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Spray crock pot with organic olive oil cooking spray.
- Place pork tenderloin in crock pot.
- In a small bowl add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over top of the pork.
- Cook on low for 6-7.
- I do not recommend cooking this on high because it tends to dry out the pork. Cooking on low will assure that you end up with nice moist pork.