I made an interesting discovery a couple of weeks ago….I really enjoy broth based soups. So I am using that to my advantage and have been creating different soups using simple ingredients. I literally just sit on my couch at night and think about what ingredients will go well together and voila…this smoked sausage and white bean soup was created.
I purchased a 2 quart manual slow cooker to make the smaller recipes and it is absolutely perfect! It is just the right size! This soup is gluten and grain free.
Simple, satisfying and really delicious too!
Here is the version that serves two
Smoked Sausage and White Bean Soup for Two
- 1 cup broth
- 1/4 cup uncured smoked sausage sliced
- 1/2 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can Great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 shakes oregano
- salt to taste
Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours
Here’s the full recipe!
Smoked Sausage and White Bean Soup
- 1 lb uncured smoked sausage sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Great Northern or Cannellini beans or 1 can organic, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes organic, no salt added
- 4 cups chicken broth homemade preferred
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
Put all ingredients into your slow cooker.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours.