I made an interesting discovery a couple of weeks ago….I really enjoy broth based soups. So I am using that to my advantage and have been creating different soups using simple ingredients. I literally just sit on my couch at night and think about what ingredients will go well together and voila…this smoked sausage and white bean soup was created.
I purchased a 2 quart manual slow cooker to make the smaller recipes and it is absolutely perfect! It is just the right size! This soup is gluten and grain free.
Simple, satisfying and really delicious too!
Here is the version that serves two
Smoked Sausage and White Bean Soup
- 1 cup vegetable broth.
- ¼ pound uncured smoked sausage, sliced
- ½ can of diced tomatoes, organic preferred
- ½ can great northern beans
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Oregano, 3-4 shakes
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- 1 lb uncured smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Great Northern or Cannellini beans (or 1 can organic, drained and rinsed)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, organic, no salt added
- 4 cups chicken broth, homemade preferred
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Put all ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.