I just love spring in the south! Today was in the 70’s and I had all of the windows and doors open to air out the house. I worked in the back yard for awhile and enjoyed being in the sunshine and getting some fresh air. And since I mowed the lawn, I get to enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass….mmmmm.
I find that when the weather starts warming up that I begin to crave more fresh fruits and vegetables. And I love salads! I do have to be careful because I can end up in a salad rut, eating the same salad over and over again, and that can get a little boring! So I’ve made it my goal to create a lot more different types of salads with lots of great, fresh veggies this spring and summer!
I was looking for a great salad to pair with my Easy salsa chicken, which is so quick to prepare and tastes so yummy! I thought that a salad would be the prefect complement to the chicken….and it really was!
I topped this with a homemade cilantro lime dressing that I was able to whip together in 5 minutes. I made enough for two servings, so that I could have leftovers for lunch the next day and it was great both times!
It was a really incredible meal and left my tummy very happy!
This recipe is naturally gluten free and can easily be made grain free by omitting the corn. I don’t know where I originally got this recipe. I’ve had it on my computer for years in my “need to make” recipe file. I have since seen it all over the internet on different websites and Pinterest.
This recipe is gluten free with grain free options, because we all really like options!
- 2 cups spring mix
- 2 green onions or 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn, thawed (omit for grain free)
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 1/2 cup cilantro, with stems removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- For the dressing, put all ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until fully mixed.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Store any extra in the refrigerator.