I really love brownies. And I love easy recipes. I needed a quick, simple dessert recipe that could be shared, and I was so tempted to go to the store and just pick up a box of brownie mix. So I went through my recipe box and found a family recipe that could be altered with real ingredients. And thus, these sprouted chocolate chip nut brownies were born. And they were so yummy that I almost couldn’t stand it! This is not a real dense brownie, but lighter and very satisfying for any chocolate craving!
I did make these with sprouted whole wheat flour, but I imagine these would work well with gluten free flour as well.
- 2 cups of chocolate chips, divided
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (or 1/4 cup unsalted butter and 1/4 cup coconut oil)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Sucanat or palm sugar
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan with coconut oil
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter (and coconut oil) and 1 cup of chocolate chips, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, remove from heat.
- Add the eggs and stir.
- Add the Sprouted whole wheat flour, sucanat, vanilla extract and baking soda and stir well.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-23 minutes.