I love quick and easy and during the year I love to make a meal of soup and salad. I’ve wanted to make this Tuscan sausage soup for two for a while because it is not only simple to make, but really tasty as well.
Since I became single again myself I have really wanted to create a whole lot more recipes that are perfect for one or two people. A lot of times I make the recipes for two so that I have leftovers for lunch the next day. I love to pair this with a Greek Salad for an amazing meal! It is not a heavy soup, but it is still completely satisfying!
This soup is based on the Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden. Although it doesn’t taste exactly like it (in my opinion) it is so incredibly yummy that even though there is only one of me, I enjoy eating the leftovers the next day!
It is naturally gluten free and grain free and can be done in the slow cooker or on the stove top. This recipe creates two servings, so you can either use it for two of you. Or you can have leftovers the next day (like me!)
- ½ pound ground Italian sausage, browned
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 large russet potato, cut into small chunks
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup spinach with stems removed and sliced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a large saucepan add the broth, water, potatoes, garlic, browned sausage and onion.
- Allow to boil until potatoes are nice and tender.
- Add the spinach and continue to boil for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add heavy cream and sea salt.
- Mix well and enjoy!