I love quick and easy and during the year I love to make a meal of soup and salad. I’ve wanted to make this Tuscan sausage soup for a while because it is not only simple to make, but really tasty as well.
This soup is based on the Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden. Although it doesn’t taste exactly like it (in my opinion) it is so incredibly yummy that I may have to make a double batch next time. That way I can freeze some for other meals.
It is naturally gluten free and grain free and can be done in the slow cooker or on the stove top. This recipe creates four servings.
Tuscan Sausage Soup
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage, browned
- 2 cups broth
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 lg russet potatoes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, stems removed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
In a large saucepan add the broth, water, potatoes, garlic, browned sausage and onion.
Allow to boil until potatoes are nice and tender.
Add the spinach and continue to boil for 20-30 minutes.
Remove from heat and add heavy cream and sea salt.
Mix well and enjoy!
- If you wish to do this in the slow cooker, simply brown the sausage.
- Add sausage and all other ingredients except heavy cream to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours
- Add heavy cream and serve.